March 11, 2013

College Bedroom, Through the Years

As I have mentioned in a previous posts, I love decorating!  So it should come as no surprise that I was beyond thrilled when I was told I got to decorate a whole new bedroom when I went off to college.  Well that was three years ago, and my room has been evolving through the years.  Just as I did with my bedroom at home, I tried to stay within a budget.  Because the style of my room and my bedding has been the same since I was a freshman, I have added new pieces to enhance my room each year.

Here is my room freshman year, when I lived in a dorm.  There was not much room for personality here, but I did my best!



Sophomore year I moved into the sorority house.  There was a lot less space, and a lot less room for personality.  This was my lest favorite set up, and my least favorite room.  Yes, I had a bunk bed that was like 20 feet high.


This year, I have had two different bedrooms.  For the fall semester, I shared a bedroom and still had a twin bed.  This semester, I got my first queen bed AND my own room!  It has taken a while to decorate, but like I said, my room is forever evolving and changing.  I was also lucky enough to get some new pillows- all white, my favorite.

Pine Cone Hill bedding, Target bed skirt
My favorite part of my room, all white pillows! All from Pine Cone Hill and Z Gallerie
Great mirror from Home Goods
Pottery Barn version
My version...the Ikea version

BEFORE. Bed side drawers from Home Goods; before Anthro nobs 
AFTER with new Anthro nobs!  So much better!

I still need a headboard, but I don't want anything traditional.  I want something unique like I have above my bed at home.  If you have any ideas or suggestions, I would greatly appreciate them!

1 comment:

  1. i wishi could live in something like this I wish I could live in a sorority house they are pretty

    ReplyDelete