November 26, 2012

Giving Thanks


Thanksgiving this year was by far one of the best Thanksgivings our family has ever had.  With over 30 people and enough food to feed a small army, we were all thankful to spend the holiday with our friends and family.  The only thing missing this year was my little brother, Allen.  Allen stayed in New York City to celebrate with his friends, so we set up a laptop and Skyped with him at dinner (the next best thing to actually having him here).

For those of you who know my mother, you know that there is not a holiday she does NOT decorate the house for.  There are decorations on every flat surface and hanging from every ledge.  She really knows how to entertain, and I can only hope that one day I can entertain as well as she does.




The best part was when my mom and I came downstairs wearing the same pants.  This was completely unexpected and unplanned... obviously.  Luckily we styled our outfit in different ways, and most people didn't notice that we were matching.


At our Thanksgiving dinner we devoured a poblano and cream cheese tart, smoked turkey, baked turkey, stuffing, salad, green bean casserole (made by yours truly), and vegetables.  After happy hour, appetizers and dinner I was stuffed, but of course I made room for some dessert.  For dessert we had a strawberry cake with cream cheese icing, chocolate mousse cake, pecan pie and ice cream.  YUM.



Hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment