June 04, 2013

Bienvenue à Paris!

Finally made it Paris, my home for the next six weeks!  I have to say, I have only been here for two days and this has already been the experience of a lifetime (good...and not so good).  It was very difficult for me to say bye to my family and friends at home, and that is an understatement.  Luckily, I got to enjoy an amazing farewell dinner with my family and Ron's family the night before I left.  Then I went home to pack.  Nothing like waiting until the last minute, huh?

The drive to the airport was filled with tears, and on top of that, I found out my phone would not work in Paris.  After about 12 hours of flying, I finally made it to Paris... come to find out that my luggage did not.  Perfect.  Icing on the cake.

Two days later, after wearing the same outfit and brushing my teeth with my finger, I finally received my luggage.  Now I could finally relax and enjoy my time in Paris.  So Cara and I did just that and had a lovely little picnic in the park, complete with a baguette, brie, olives and a bottle of chardonnay.  For those of you who were wondering, it is true, wine IS cheaper than water.

The past three days have been filled with learning and exploring.  We are currently getting to know everyone on the trip, planning weekend trips, and learning the underground metro system.  Classes have been long and... well... long.  Hopefully they will lighten up soon so we can get out and enjoy this beautiful city!

On a walk near our dorm! 
Welcome breakfast at ESCP
ESCP, our school
Grabbing a cafe :) One of many...
Picnic in the park

1 comment:

  1. HEY PZZZARTNER GOOD TO HEAR FROM YOU. WE MISS YOU TOO. THOSE PICTURES WERE GREAT, ESPECIALLY THE FOOD, I MEAN OF YOU AND YOUR FRIEND. AM GLAD THINGS HAVE SETTLED DOWN FOR YOU.

    LOVE YA

    PAPA

    ReplyDelete