December 09, 2012

Thank you, Pinterest

I will admit, I spend more time on Pinterest than I should.  In fact, it is almost unhealthy how much I love scrolling through hundreds of random pictures.  Although it may seem like a waste of time, it is the BEST waste of time.

Thanks to Pinterest, I know every detail about my wedding, bake things I know I am not capable of baking, and want to decorate everything in site.  Amongst all of the delicious recipes, I have found a few that my beginner baking skills can handle.  From now on, whenever I (successfully) try something that I find on Pinterest, I am going to post about it.

Recipe adapted from Baby Gizmo Blog

Ingredients:
  • 2 1/2 cups crushed butter pretzels
  • 1 cup melted butter
  • 5 tbsp sugar
  • Betty Crocker peanut butter cookie mix, and all the ingredients the mix calls for
  • Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix, and all the ingredients the mix calls for
  • Bag of snack size Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
Recipe:
  1. Crush the pretzels!  If you have a food processor, you can can use that.  I simply put the pretzels in a Ziploc bag and hand-crushed them.
  2. Mix the melted butter, sugar and pretzel crumbs.  Press the mix into a lightly greased 9x13 pan.
  3. Make the cookie dough according to the recipe on the package.  Press the cookie dough down evenly on top of the pretzel mix.
  4. Unwrap all of the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and cover the cookie dough with the candy.
  5. Make the brownie mix according to the package, and pour evenly over the Reese's.
  6. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.  Cool for 10 minutes, and TA DA!


What have you made off of Pinterest (recipes, jewelry, home decor)?  Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment